The Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce has held three Community Workshops, one Chamber Mixer and two online surveys to get community input to help us develop a clear, consistent message that expresses the unique assets and personality of Truckee (vs. other towns) that serves as a foundation for a new website and provides a fun, unified story that the community played a part in and can be proud of. The Chamber has also conducted extensive 1:1 interviews with leaders in the community representing all types of industries and special interests.
The first Community Workshop was held August 4, 2015 at Truckee Town Hall. We asked the attendees to provide input on the following:
- Value Boards -- Place dots on the boards on the wall for the Community Value that you feel the strongest about.
- What Truckee needs to improve our economy?
- What Truckee needs to be a better community?
- What will make Truckee a better place to live?
The second Community Workshop was held August 19, 2015 at The Lodge at Tahoe Donner with a Spanish translator on hand. We asked the attendees to place dots on the Value Boards again (and asked for suggestions for other Community Values we may have missed), and asked for input on the following:
- What are Truckee’s greatest assets? Why is this such a great place to live for you?
- What makes Truckee unique and different from other towns?
The third Community Workshop was held Sept. 16, 2015 at the Glenshire Clubhouse with our Spanish translator on hand again. We asked these attendees to also place dots on the Value Boards, plus answer some new and interesting questions:
- Does Truckee have a message today? General Discussion.
- How do you define “quality of life” - poster paper.
- What should Truckee’s tagline be? - poster paper.
The Chamber Mixer for Sept. 23 was a combination of Sierra Business Council and The Town of Truckee with the Chamber providing a table with the Value Boards and posters with questions from the Glenshire workshop, plus a laptop to take the survey online.
RESEARCH & DISCOVERY PHASE – Continues now-December. Remaining research includes:
- Destination Marketing – In Market (meeting with marketing experts and leaders in their field of interest)
- Destination Marketing - Out–of-Market (assessing towns similar to ours who are successful in their messaging/website.)
- Digital Brand Reputation – Social Conversations (12 months)
- Digital Brand Behavior – Google Analytics (web site behavior)
All input from Community Workshops can be downloaded by clicking on the link below
For more information contact Colleen Dalton at 530-412-7090.